Our site visitors’ privacy and trust are important to BrandTrends. We provide this notice in order to make sure that your expectations and our practices are aligned, and that you are aware of your choices with regard to our use and disclosure of the information you provide to this site.
This policy applies to all of BrandTrends’ information practices and to all of its business operations, products, and services, including:
- The print and electronic publications published by BrandTrends,
- Conferences and other events produced by BrandTrends,
- Websites related to Our Publications and Our Events (“Our Websites”),
- E-mail newsletters related to Our Publications (“Our Email Newsletters”).
Personal information will not be collected and stored by BrandTrends, electronically or otherwise, without the knowledge and consent of the individual to whom it relates.
The purpose of collecting personal information is to be expressly stated by BrandTrends whenever solicited, and is not to be used for purposes other than those stated.
Personal information obtained by BrandTrends is not to be shared with third parties, unless the consent of the person to whom the personal information applies is obtained beforehand.
Information which BrandTrends treats as personal (Personally Identifiable Information) includes the following:
- Individual’s name,
- Business title of the individual,
- Individual’s business function (e.g. sales, marketing, creative, engineering),
- Business mailing address,
- Business telephone numbers,
- Email address,
- Photos or videos of the individual,
- Credit card information,
- Responses to validation questions asked for circulation audit purposes, such as year of birth or parent’s first name,
- Home address and contact information, unless identified to BrandTrends as being business address and contact information,
- Mobile telephone numbers,
- Responses to opinion surveys, except to the extent that these are stated to be “for the record” and for publication.
- Information which BrandTrends does not treat as personal for the purposes of this policy includes the following:
- Name of the organization with which the individual is affiliated at the time that the information is obtained,
- Industry sector and sub-sector describing the organization’s activity,
- Website address of the organization or individual.
To access or change your personal information, or for any matters pertaining to privacy of personal information, please contact BrandTrends’ privacy officer at email@example.com.
Personal information collected from Our Websites is always collected on a secure web server using 128-bit encryption.
Personal information is safeguarded on BrandTrends’ servers. Access to the personal information on BrandTrends’ servers is protected by the use of a security system, a firewall, passwords, and in some cases encryption.
How We Use Your Information
We use Personally Identifiable Information collected on this Site for the following purposes:
- To provide you with this Site and other products and services,
- To respond to your inquiries and contact you about changes regarding this Site,
- To provide you with e-mail, fax and other notices (such as expiration and renewal notices) regarding your account and the products or services that you are receiving, and for billing and collection purposes,
- For any other purpose disclosed at the time the information is collected or to which you consent,
We also may use your information to better understand our Users and to improve our Site.
All email newsletters will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of receiving future issues of the newsletter. All promotional offers will include an opportunity to opt out of receiving future promotions from the brand whose product/service is being promoted.
We also may use your information to send you e-mail and other communications on behalf of third parties. Each of these communications will include instructions for opting out of receiving future third party offers from us. You may also opt out of receiving third party offers from this Site at any time by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “opt out – third party.”
Our Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated, anonymous statistics about many Users, and individual information that is not Personally Identifiable Information without restriction as long as no individual is identifiable by the information disclosed, and otherwise will not disclose your Personally Identifiable Information except as follows:
- Name and/or business name and title (but not information by which you may be contacted (i.e. name, postal address, telephone number, fax number and e-mail address ) in representative lists of our web site membership, but not for further use or dissemination by the recipient,
- To third parties engaged to provide services under contractual requirement to keep Personally Identifiable Information confidential and use it only to perform the services,
- Portions of this Site may be provided as “Premium” or “Sponsored” content. Premium or Sponsored content is made available to Users on the condition that we may share certain of the User’s registration information with the Premium or Sponsored content’s sponsors and advertisers and/or their service providers. We will always disclose when you are registering or being provided with Premium or Sponsored content,
- To other third parties (and/or to their service providers on their behalf) to market their products or services under contractual requirement to keep Personally Identifiable Information confidential and use it only to market and provide their products or services. You may opt out of such disclosures by sending an e-mail to email@example.com with the subject line: “do not disclose,”
- To any successor pursuant to an asset sale, merger, consolidation, restructuring, reorganization, liquidation or other similar transaction involving BrandTrends or this Site,
- When we believe such disclosure is required by law, regulation or securities exchange requirement or for the protection of persons or property,
- When disclosure is necessary to accomplish the purpose for which you provide it.
We use reasonable safeguards to protect Personally Identifiable Information we collect on this Site from unauthorized access, use, modification or disclosure. However, due to the design of the Internet and other factors outside of our control, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and our servers will be free from unauthorized access by third parties.
Right to Access and Change Information
You may view and update information that you previously submitted to this Site by visiting the newsletter or website registration page for this Site, or which you submitted to request a print publication, by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. However, a request to change information may not be accommodated if the request would conflict with legal requirements or result in incorrect information. Requests to view or change personal information may take a few days to process.
A recipient may, at any time, opt out of receiving any of Our Email Newsletters or emails from BrandTrends which inform about new products, services or information related to the industry by so indicating at the time that information is being given to BrandTrends, or thereafter, by following the simple steps stated in any such BrandTrends email received.
An individual may also deny permission or opt out of any previous permission given for BrandTrends to share address information with carefully screened third-party organizations by so indicating at the time that information is being given to BrandTrends, or by contacting BrandTrends’ privacy officer (at the address shown above).
Accuracy of collected personal information
BrandTrends will from time to time on its own initiative, or immediately upon an individual’s request, rectify or erase any incomplete, inaccurate or outdated personal information retained by BrandTrends.
Information that is no longer being used for the reasons stated upon collection is deleted from our databases after five years.
Non-personal information collected automatically
Non-personal information is collected from Our Websites in the form of web logs. The web logs are used to analyze anonymous behavior on Our Websites for the purposes of improving BrandTrends’ products and services. On occasion aggregate statistics will be provided to reputable third-party companies, but these statistics will contain no personally identifiable information.
This policy was last modified on April 19, 2011.