As you know, we offer the unique truly international service of Brand Popularity measurement in more than 42 countries at the same time. Our long history of innovation and support keeps you ahead of the curve on improving the performance of your licensed products: Brand Popularity Index, linking with purchase intentions of licensed products, forecasting for the next 2-years…
We keep developing our tools. And today, we want to introduce our new tool: The Brand Popularity Simulator. What is it?
- You can estimate the level of purchase intentions of your demographic target based on the proportion of person aware of the brand and the part of those absolute fans of it!
- But you can also estimate the proportion of fans you need to reach a targeted level of purchase intentions.
Relationship between Popularity and Purchase Intentions
chart demonstrates there is a strong relationship between
popularity (from our Brand Popularity Index) and the intentions to
purchase a consumer product with the brand on it in the future:
- There is no brand extremely popular that nobody wants to purchase,
- There is no brand not popular but that everybody wants to purchase.
- The benefit of this chart is to illustrate the shape of the relationship: what types of action should I do with my brand to increase the future purchases? More communication or more in-store operations?
Note: The Brand Popularity Index (BPI) is a composite index from awareness and attitudes, exclusive to BrandTrends.
From the chart on the framed box, you can visualize the relationship between the popularity of the brand, represented by our unique Brand Popularity Index, and the level of purchase intentions (% of buying households) for a specific demographic group. We have been tracking these for years. And, using our massive database (millions of datapoints from hundreds of thousands of interviews), our statisticians have elaborated the recipe for estimating these relationships from only 2 variables:
- Either the total awareness (the % of persons aware of the brand) and the top box attitudes (‘I like that brand a lot’) ➜ This recomputes an estimate of the Brand Popularity Index, then link this to the Future Purchase Intentions,
- Or the total awareness and the targeted level of Future Purchase Intentions ➜ This recomputes backwards the level of attitudes (the fans, the ‘I like that brand a lot’) needed.
Of course, we always recommend using our specific reports to get there. Information is more targeted to the demographics and the geographical area; so, this is infinitely more accurate. However, this tool is also a great indication of what action plan needs to be developed to increase the level of sales of consumer products with your brand on them. And you can use it freely, no strings attached.
If you don’t know these parameters (awareness …) and/or are not a BrandTrends client right now, that’s exactly why we’re here for. Contact us and we’ll help out.
And for those even more interested, we can even review the marketing elements to leverage for a better penetration.
Don’t be shy, take a moment to discover and try it then at
We are committed to your satisfaction and welcome your feedback. We’ll do all we can to make your Brand Popularity Simulator positive.
As always, thanks very much for your continuous support.