Peppa Pig may be the most popular pig in the United Kingdom, since she is celebrating her 15th TV Show anniversary in the UK, and her popularity is not showing any signs of slowing down there.
But does Peppa Pig play as well with kids in Asia, Australia, Middle East and the Americas?
In the UK, Peppa Pig just launched her Peppa Pig My First Album andgenerated 500k music streams upon its opening weekend release. Peppa actually created quite the buzz, when there was an Iggy-Piggy Showdown, since Iggy Azalea was also launching her new music album the exact same day, and Iggy was afraid Peppa Pig would pull in higher download numbers on opening day.
Peppa Pig also showcased her second movie launch event, celebrating the summer music festival experience with Peppa Pig: Festival Of Fun, And the new TV show episodes mirror those outdoor festival activities, with a two-part special where Peppa and George have their first-ever festival experience. Peppa Pig also opened a live orchestra show in the UK, Peppa Pig My First Concert, and her live touring production by Fiery Angel celebrates its fifth successful year with the new version- Peppa Pig: Best Day Ever, continuing to bring the brand to life for its many UK fans.
Entertainment One, who manages the brand, stated that Peppa Pig is also accelerating at retail across Europe, with standout sales performance in Germany, where toy sales have grown 700%+ in the first half of this year, as well as France, Italy and Spain. Peppa Pig theme park attraction openings by Merlin Entertainments in Italy and Germany helped to capitalize on the popularity, with entertainment experiences for local families and fans.
But is Peppa Pig play just as popular with kids in Asia, Australia, Middle East and the Americas? Let’s take a piggy peek!
BrandTrends tested the popularity of Peppa Pig across the 42 countries where it tracks brands and character licenses. For this BrandTrends Review, we selected boys and girls aged 0-2 and 3-5, the core audience age target for Peppa Pig, to gauge just how popular and desired the Peppa Pig brand was, in territories outside of the UK market. The results may surprise you.
Here are some of the topline findings:
- The Most Popular Brand Peppa Pig is most popular in Taiwan, followed by the United Kingdom and Greece. Peppa Pig shows its lowest popularity level in India.
- The strongest growing brand. The biggest increase in popularity in the first quarter of 2019 took place in Denmark, immediately followed by Netherlands.
- The largest potential in consumer demand. For consumer demand gap, Peppa Pig is the most in demand in South Africa, followed by Sweden and then Germany. Chile shows the lowest consumer demand gap.
- The most favorite brand In Venezuela, Peppa Pig recorded the largest proportion of spontaneous mentions as a Top 3 Favorite brand!
- The best purchase funnel Peppa Pig shows the best purchase funnel in the United States. This is due to the relationship between a number of factors: Awareness (69%), Like it a lot (29% of the total demographics), Ownership (31%) and purchase intentions (45% of the total demographics).
- How many product categories are kids seeking? Peppa Pig product merchandise is desired on an average of 3,14 product categories across the 34 countries where the Peppa Pig product is currently available. The most product categories were recorded in Colombia, immediately followed by the United Kingdom.
So yes, the Year of the Pig is poised to deliver on its promise of wealth and good fortune in 2019 – at least for those companies that profit from all things Peppa Pig, not just in UK, but also in China, and across the globe. Over 1,000 global licensees are profiting from the power of the pig, Peppa Pig. In 2019, the Peppa Pig World of Play park opened in Shanghai, and another is slated to open in Beijing,
For more insights into Peppa Pig and hundreds of other children’s character brands, Kidz Global tracks Brand Trend Reports across 42 countries, 6 continents, and across both genders and 5 different age groups: Infants 0-2, Preschoolers 3-6, Children 7-9, Tweens and Teens 10-14, and Young Adults 15-25 years.
Contact a BrandTrends team representative to find out how to determine which brands are soaring and which are sinking. Analyze how your competitors are faring, and learn what strategies will build brand popularity, increase awareness and spur purchase intent for YOUR brands.